The village of Xcalak is located on the southernmost tip of the Yucatan Peninsula along the Caribbean coast of Mexico. Tucked along the world-famous Chetumal Bay, is the Xflats at Tierra Maya, a picturesque shallow water flats fishery and a saltwater fly fisher’s paradise.
Whether you are searching for the elusive T.Falcatus Permit or looking for a way to combine your love of fly-fishing with a trip to Mexico, the Xflats is a privately-owned saltwater fly-fishing lodge that combines the luxury of a resort, with a relaxing casual beach front setting. Find your paradise in the Caribbean waters of the Mesoamerican Reef, in “the flats” where permit, bonefish and tarpon thrive.
May 26, 2023: cancun, mexico
Arrive Cancun, Mexico and settle in for the night.
May 27, 2023: transfer to xflats
Xflats transfer will pick up the group from Cancun and drive to Xcalak.
May 28 – June 2, 2023: 6 days fishing
6 full days fishing the flats. All meals, snacks, bottled water, breakfast juices and coffee, guide (8 hours per day) and boat is included in your package.
june 3, 2023: departure
Depart Xflats lodge and return to Cancun for evening flights.
- 26th May, 2023
- Xcalak, Mexico
- USD $4,495
- Permit T. Falcatus
What is included
- 6 days guided fishing – one guide per two anglers
- 7 nights accommodation at Xflats lodge – twin share. Single Room supplement is available.
- Transfers from Cancun to Xflats lodge and return transfer
- AFF Mexico Welcome Pack – Patagonia/AFF Sun Shirt, AFF Cap, Xcalak Fly Pack
- All meals at Xflats lodge
- Flights to/from Cancun, Mexico
- Alcohol & soft drinks
- Travel & medical insurance
- Guide tips
- Accommodation in Cancun
- Fly Fishing equipment & Flies