2018-19 AFF Youth Academy
For the third year running, we are excited to announce the launch of AFF’s 2018/19 Youth Fly Fishing Academy.
This year, four young anglers from both Australia and New Zealand will have the opportunity to join the AFF team for a life-changing fly-fishing experience.
With one of the most outrageous prize hauls on offer, the lucky winners will receive: free flights and travel to the Snowy Mountains, NSW; free gear and equipment; training in photography; and guiding and mentoring from the AFF team.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Three day fly-fishing masterclass with Aussie Fly Fisher in the Snowy Mountains, Australia with all flights*, accommodation and food included
- #5 LOOP Q Fly Rod & LOOP Q Reel for each angler thanks to LOOP Tackle Australia & New Zealand
- Patagonia apparel to keep you warm and cosy on the water, thanks to Patagonia Australia
- #5 SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity Taper Fly Line; 3X to 6X Leader & Tippet, and Tippet Spool Holder for each angler thanks to Scientific Angler Australia & New Zealand
- Costa Sunglasses for each angler thanks to Costa
- $250 voucher for each angler from Tom’s Outdoors – Premier Outdoors & Fly Fishing Store of the Snowy Mountains
- Free caps, shirts & other fly-fishing goodies.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Eligible applicants (aged 15-18 years^ from Aus & NZ) can download and complete an entry form here, and return to Josh at email@example.com by October 3rd, 2018.
- Eight finalists (4 Aus, 4 NZ) will be selected by October 12th and open for voting on the Aussie Fly Fisher Facebook page.
- Finalists need to encourage as many friends and family as possible to vote for them in order to win the top prize.
- Voting will close on October 23rd, 2018 and the top four prize winners of AFF’s Youth Fly Fishing Academy 2018/19 will be announced.
NB: Entries from both novice and experienced anglers are welcome. You do not need fly fishing experience to apply.
^All entrants under the age of 18 must have parental or guardian signed permission to enter.
*All New Zealander entrants must have, or be willing to organise their own passport for international travel and pay for their own travel insurance.