When it comes to fly fishing for trout, South Island, New Zealand is about as good as it gets. NZ offers the ultimate in sight fishing to large trout with small flies. The scenery will take your breath away, and the hunt for large wild trout will keep you coming back year after year.
The trout fishing is in the stunning region of back-country Canterbury. Famous for it’s wild brown trout and picturesque scenery, this will be an all-rounded sight fishing experience.
South Island, New Zealand
Price on application
We’ve cherry picked key dates of the New Zealand South Island trout season that we believe offers the best opportunities for the quintessential clear water back country experience that has made New Zealand so famous the world over.
We’ve also selected a range of back-country locations across the Canterbury region. Famous for it’s wild brown trout and picturesque scenery, this will be an all-rounded sight fishing experience.
Meals range from café-style breakfasts, home cooked dinners and a light lunch while fishing. All meals, breakfasts & dinners have been organised as part of your trip.
Lunches are provided each day by your guide.
Accommodation is based on twin share rooms.
Please contact us for the complete trip details and itinerary.
Christchurch Airport Pick Up
Day 1 -5
Fly Fishing in Canterbury Region
Return to Christchurch Airport
- 28th January, 2024
- New Zealand
- Our trips run during the Summer - January / February - March 2024
- Brown Trout
What is included
- Five full days guided fishing
- One local guide for every two anglers
- Six nights accommodation – twin share
- Meals and non-alcoholic beverages from the first day of fishing to breakfast on the final day
- Christchurch Airport transfers at allocated time slots
- All transportation to fishing spots
- Return flights to Christchurch, NZ
- Travel & medical insurance
- NZ fishing licence