Fly Fishing Cape York
Red dirt roads and remote river systems, Cape York is an iconic part of Northern Australia. It is no secret that Cape York is a fishing mecca. From large T.Anak Permit to hard fighting Barramundi this is one of the most exciting places to bend a fly rod Downunder.
Cape York offers an extensive array of fly fishing terrain and it is not uncommon to encounter over twenty-five species in a weeks fishing.
Anak Permit, an endemic species of Australia is a huge draw card for the Cape York flats, along with Blue Bastards, Golden Trevally, Tuskies, and the odd large GT. The river systems are full of life – Barramundi, Mangrove Jack, and Queenfish are all regularly encountered.
EXCLUSIVE LODGE ACCOMMODATION
Remote & Tailored Experiences
- Cape York Queensland
Price on Application
Packaged Trips Include guiding, meals, beverages, transfers.
5 Days / 6 Nights
6 Days / 7 Nights
- Permit T. Anak
Black Spot Tusk Fish
What is included
- 9 hours of guiding and tuition
- Lunch, snacks and beverages
- Boat fuel
- Equipment can be hired as required
- Pick up from from accommodation
- Return flights to Weipa, Queensland, Australia
- Travel & medical insurance
- Fly Fishing equipment & Flies (can be arranged prior to trip).