Fly Fishing Cape York
Red dirt roads and remote river systems, Cape York is an iconic part of Northern Australia. It is no secret that Cape York is a fishing mecca. From large T.Anak Permit to hard fighting Barramundi this is one of the most exciting places to bend a fly rod Downunder.
Cape York offers an extensive array of fly fishing terrain and it is not uncommon to encounter over twenty-five species in a weeks fishing.
Anak Permit, an endemic species of Australia is a huge draw card for the Cape York flats, along with Blue Bastards, Golden Trevally, Tuskies, and the odd large GT. The river systems are full of life – Barramundi, Mangrove Jack, and Queenfish are all regularly encountered.
Cape York, QLD
Price on application
Cape York Fly Fishing
Weipa, QLD although remote, is a daily flight from Cairns, Australia and is easily accessed via Qantas from all major Australian cities within a day.
Here, we offer a variety of packages:
- Day trips for anyone who finds themselves in the area wanting to explore a little more;
- Carefully curated, all inclusive week long adventures; and
- Bespoke tours, tailored to suit your schedule and desires.
Cape York has so much to explore and we look forward to sharing this wonderful part of Australia with you.
Our curated trips are available to book through the website, however should you find yourself in Weipa or are looking for a bespoke tour, please contact us for availability and options.
Remote River Systems
Remote & Tailored Experiences
- Cape York Queensland
Price on Application
Packaged Trips Include guiding, meals, beverages, transfers.
5 Days / 6 Nights
6 Days / 7 Nights
- Permit T. Anak
Permit T. Blochii
Black Spot Tusk Fish
What is included
- 9 hours of guiding and tuition
- Lunch, snacks and beverages
- Boat fuel
- Equipment can be hired as required
- Pick up from from accommodation
- Return flights to Weipa, Queensland, Australia
- Travel & medical insurance
- Fly Fishing equipment & Flies (can be arranged prior to trip).