Fly Fishing Cape York aboard 64Ft Mothership “Freedom”
Your 7 Night / 6 Day North Mapoon fly fishing trip is completed aboard the 64 Ft New Wave Power Cat Mothership “Freedom.”
Each day angler’s fish a diversity of flats, river systems and creeks, returning to Freedom to relax in comfort and enjoy the Northern Australian climate. Fishing is aboard our two American Made dedicated fibreglass skiffs with a 2 Angler : 1 Guide ratio.
It is not uncommon to encounter over 30 species over the course of a weeks’ fishing. Anglers can chase high-speed pelagic species including Tuna and Mackerel close inshore, sight fish on the river mouth flats for trevally, queenfish, barramundi, giant herring and mangrove jack.
And then there’s the flats fishing. The prized Indo-Pacific Permit, T.Anak, one of the “Big 4” permit species is endemic to the area providing an inviting flats challenge. Join us for an incredible adventure in one of Australia’s truly most remote fly-fishing destinations.
Remote River Systems
- Cape York Queensland
- Price on Application
- July - September
- Permit T. Anak
Black Spot Tusk Fish
What is included
- 7 nights accommodation – one night at The Cape Lodge, 6 nights aboard Freedom IV Mothership
- 6 full days’ guided fly fishing
- All meals, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages
- Ground transfers to/from Weipa QLD Airport
- Patagonia Sun Shirt and AFF Cap
- Return flights to Weipa, Queensland, Australia
- Travel & medical insurance
- Flies, fly lines and terminal tackle. Flies and fly lines are available for purchase at The Cape Lodge
- 9 & 10 weight rods and reels can be hired on each trip. Breakage fees apply. Guests must bring or purchase their own fly lines.